The Seven Disciplines of Highly Successful Businesses
What are the secrets to getting yourself fully booked up with clients and turning your business into a highly efficient money making machine? Many service-based business owners and entrepreneurs struggle to find a way to turn their big dreams into anything close to reality. They want to make a difference to the people they serve, and in so doing, make the difference they’re looking for in their lives and with their families.
Implementing the seven disciplines will ensure you tackle the critical elements necessary for any business to fill their client portfolio up with their dream clients. Fully implemented it will not only get you booked solid, but you’ll also ensure your clients come back to you time and time again.
G et clear about where you’re going
E stablish a meaningful business plan
T urn connections into clients
R egulate your finances
E stablish a high performing team
A dopt high customer experience measures
L ook after yourself
Each of the disciplines will focus your efforts and help you build the systems, structure and processes for creating a steady stream of clients to your door… and then keep them with you for the months and years to come.
Discipline 1 – Get clear about where you’re going
Getting clear about where you’re going is about two things: Getting in touch with what drives you and defining your vision. This is the big picture for your business. It’s the ultimate goal and direction for where you will take it.
- Get crystal clear on the vision for your business and the lifestyle you will create
- Know where you want to be and what you want to get out of your business
- Know your purpose – why you do what you do
Discipline 2 – Establish a meaningful business plan
Knowing where you’re going is not enough. You also need to work out how to get there. That’s where your business plan comes in. Notice the keyword is meaningful business plan. I’m not talking about the 80-page stuffy document you put together to get that loan from the bank. It’s about your own personal route map to your dream destination.
- Define your lucrative target market and niche
- Package and price your services for maximum profit
- Plan step by step how you will build your business
Discipline 3 – Turn connections into clients
Every business is built on sales. Sales are the life-blood of your business. If you can’t attract enough people and find a way to get them to say ‘yes’ to your services, then you won’t have a business for very long. Arguably, you never had one in the first place.
- Create your marketing blueprint
- Build and execute the key deliverables in your marketing blueprint
- Create your client-getting marketing plan that works, and works for you
Discipline 4 – Regulate your finances
Regulating your finances doesn’t mean learning the ins and outs of taxation and bookkeeping. Leave that to the experts. Regulating your finances is about practical everyday finance. The figures you absolutely need to know in order to run a successful and profitable business.
- Know what money is coming in and going out of your business
- Have full control of your finances
- Understand which areas of your business are more profitable and why
Discipline 5 – Establish a high performing team
People are the most crucial part of a business. The first handful of people in your business will make or break you. Even in larger businesses they can have a massive impact. The ability to managing and motivate people is essential and like any skill, it can be learned and developed.
- Attract the right people into the right job
- Engender loyalty and good will so you retain your staff
- Motivate and inspire your team so they work at their best and go over and beyond expectations
Discipline 6 – Adopt high customer experience measures
It’s all very well getting clients to come to you, but when they do sign up for your services will they be delighted with what they receive. Customers vote quickly with their feet. Gaining new customers costs around ten times more than retaining existing customers so if you want to save time, money and effort you need to focus on customer experience.
- Lead by example
- Establish clear standards and measures that delight your customers
- Train your team and implement measures so they live up to those standards
Discipline 7 – Look after yourself
It’s lonely running a business. Nobody is as emotionally and financially invested in the business as a business owner. Sometimes it’s tough to know if you’re doing the right thing and too many business owners don’t pay themselves for the first few years. But if you don’t look after yourself, what will happen to your business?
- Establish a sounding board and accountability partner
- Develop yourself
- Remain focussed and motivated
There are literally thousands of books and self-help guides out there that cover these essential disciplines of business. You can do the research yourself if you like (and I actively encourage all my clients to do so). But when you come to implement them, how will you fare? Hopefully well, but often people find translating what they’ve read and heard into their own situation quite challenging.
That’s where I come in. I’ll show you exactly how to accomplish this and be there for you every step of the way as you implement these seven core disciplines.
Put your business on the fast-track. Click here to claim your complimentary strategy session.